Monday, September 10, 2012

Loved

Alright, so I lied. This post isn't about my trip to Colorado. It's about something else.

Today is Suicide Awareness Day, and while it's coming to an end, I still feel that it is something I need to talk about. Sometimes you get to a place that is so dark that you just don't see yourself coming out of it, and you ask why should you even try? At least, I have asked that before. Sometimes I've felt so powerless and depressed that I just couldn't think of anything else.

I've had friends in worse situations; I've known people that have tried. Sometimes it isn't easy to come back from that point. However, if you are lucky you have people around you that make it possible. You find strength in something and hold on to it or it holds on to you.

My savior has always been the love of my family, boyfriend, friends, support from people I've met through The Bloggess, and as strange as it may seem my cats. All of them love me and value me for who I am. I have to believe that there's a reason they love me and a reason that I'm here.

The times when you aren't sure of yourself are the times when you need to get the lies out of your head. Make a journal full of things that make you happy like stickers or pictures of people you love. Find a song or a saying (both if you want). Just hold on to whatever it is that keeps you sane and makes you happy. Know that people out there care. If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm open and I'm sure there are many others out there that are as well.

Love yourself. You are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment