Saturday, September 1, 2012

Florida

Once again I realize it has been a while since I've written. However, I try not to write when I'm feeling particularly depressed or so mixed up that I'm not sure what my feelings are. That, and I have been away on two trips. I think I shall cover the first trip in this post, and then tomorrow if I'm feeling alright I shall post about the other one.

The first trip I went on was to Florida with my boyfriend, his family, and his sister's boyfriend. We drove, so that was already promising to be interesting. It took me forever to pack not because I didn't know what to pack though. Since I was traveling with his family, I didn't want to bring 500 lbs of things, and I was coming back on an airplane instead of driving with them, so I also didn't want to leave them with a lot of my stuff. I managed to get everything into a backpack, my purse, and another small bag. His family was shocked that all I had brought was that. This immediately brought out a sense of pride because I often over pack.

I'd never been through some of the states we drove through, so that was fun. Of course, I also ended up sleeping a lot of the way. For some reason car trips just knock me out. I've been known to fall asleep on a car ride that lasted all of 5 minutes. That's honestly how bad I am with it.

We stayed in a condo while we were there which was lovely. My family usually stays in hotels when we go places, but his will rent a place that is in the city they are staying in. It was really nice having a lot of room.

Anyway, we were actually there to see a wedding. Now, other than his immediate family, I've had no meeting with the rest of his family. On this trip I was meeting a lot of his mother's family. Cue nerves. The first night we were to go to a cook out at his aunt and uncle's place. The house was lovely and right by the water.  However, it was hard to enjoy that at first since I was unsure of what to do. Oh I know to shake hands and everything, but I am horrible with speaking to people I'm meeting for the first time if it is in a group setting. Fortunately, this time my mouth was actually able to form words into sentences, and they actually made sense!!!

It was  a very wonderful evening. Anyway, we went to the wedding the next day which was absolutely gorgeous. It was on the beach, so it had a very pretty back drop as well. His family was so lovely.

We went to the beach a few times of course. My tan line is an absolutely lovely reminder of that. Fortunately most of it is where you can't see. We also rented a pontoon boat and went tubing. Okay I didn't do the tubing but his dad, mom sister's boyfriend, aunts and his cousin with his girlfriend did. I was too nervous about it, especially after they thought they saw a shark. As we were leaving, we saw a pod of dolphins. There were babies and their parents. It was so magical. Some of them came quite close, and a few started jumping.

We also ended up going to Pensacola beach which was really interesting. Fish kept nipping at us, and one got in my swimsuit. I also kicked one. Finally, on the last day...we went parasailing. I hate heights, so this took all my control to not vomit out of nerves. However, I think I was too tired from the night before to care which was nice. My boyfriend and I went up together, and I had a death grip on the straps the whole time. It was a gorgeous view, but that still didn't take my fear away. Still, I did it!!!!!

It really was a lovely trip. I definitely want to go back there again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment