Sunday, July 1, 2012

There are times when I have everything planned. I know where I'm going, and I know what I'm doing. However, most times I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. In those times sometimes I panic and freak out and others I'm fine with it. It's the times when I panic and freak like I did for about an hour or two a few days ago that I have to remind myself why I should remain calm and think of things I can do. Sometimes it's hard, so I decided to write them down here. Maybe it will just be a help to me, but it might help others that might be reading this.

1. I WILL figure it out eventually. It's hard to realize this while you're imagining yourself in all different bad situations, but it is true. It might not be as fast as I would like, but it will happen. Even if it is only what I plan to do tomorrow or even just a few hours from now, I will figure out something.
2. It's alright to not always know. Not everything is expected; not everything has to be planned. Sometimes I've found what I want to do by simply doing nothing. I just stopped thinking about it, and it came on it's own. Sometimes, you can over think something to the point where you can't clearly get an idea.
3. You can experiment. The last time that I started to panic that I didn't know what I was going to do with my life, I made biscuits for the first time. I just got up and decided to do it, and I've been trying stuff like that for a while. Going out and doing something new is distracting, and it gets you to laugh and relax a little.

Yes, there are only three, but they are the important ones for me. I may not know what I'm going to do my whole life, but I know that I will have fun getting there. I know it will be an adventure, and that in part is what life is supposed to be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment