Saturday, July 7, 2012

So the even that I'm writing about actually happened last Saturday, but I have not been sure how to write about it. I think I have it now.

Last Saturday one of my friends got married. I've known her since sophomore year in high school, and I was definitely excited. My boyfriend and I went to the church (without getting lost!!!), and sat there for a bit. It gave me some time to look around. Everything was really simple, but it was really nice. I'd been a little worried that it would be awkward being there around all the family and close friends, but then I recognized some people. It made the nerves go down for me.

Then, the ceremony began. The bridesmaids all looked lovely (silver dresses), and the ring bearer carried in an oven mitt since both my friend and her husband are both chefs. Then she came in, and I immediately felt a tug. She looked absolutely gorgeous, and even more than that she looked so completely and utterly happy and excited. She was probably also nervous, but I could not tell and the song she chose to walk into was absolutely perfect. It was Here Comes the Sun-The Beatles

The ceremony was short and simple, but it was definitely very personal. The two had clearly gotten to know the person doing the ceremony, and he even connected the culinary world with their marriage. It was just lovely. The two of them were just so sweet, and you could definitely feel their love just enveloping everything. It's so nice to see couples like that.

Afterwards we went to her reception. We waited for her to get there, and I had a chance to look around. There were pictures of the two of them on one of the tables. By the door was a box and some recipe cards where we were to write them a recipe for a happy life together. I thought it was such a cute idea...it did take me a while to come up with something. Next to that was the favor table. An aunt had made jam and put it into jars. (Cranberry and strawberry..sooooo goood!!!) They came, and then we ate. She had actually made her own reception meal. We are from Texas, and it was BBQ; it was pretty perfect. Only problem was...I wanted to keep eating. Rest of the night was speeches, cake and dancing. Through it all, I couldn't help but keep looking at her and her husband. They were so happy and glowing. It just made you have warm fuzzies all over. Some day I hope to have something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment