Sunday, June 3, 2012

Have you ever watched somebody perform that just moved you? That's what happened to me the other night. Saturday night, a few friends and I went to the club. I hadn't seen one of them in a while, so I was excited about that. Anyway, we got there and around midnight they put on a show. It's a drag show that they do on Fridays and Saturdays, and it is always a lot of fun.

One of the performers just took my breath away. They were all good, but this one performed in such away that made me so extraordinarily happy that it actually brought some tears to my eyes. Her name is Sierra, and she is extremely talented. When she performs, you can just feel how happy she is, and she's just so absolutely gorgeous and sincere when she performs. The crowd loved her too; she got such a huge round of applause, especially after this one number she did that she sent out to her sister and mom. (They were there celebrating her sister's birthday).

I watched the other girls, and they were talented as well and they were happy, but it was Sierra I just couldn't stop smiling about. Part of it may be that she was the first one out to perform, but I don't think that's it.

Anyway, it always makes me so happy watching the drag show and other shows too because watching people be so secure and confident in themselves is beautiful to me. It takes a lot to get out there and do what performers do. Heck it takes a lot for anybody to step out and be who they are. It's just more evident in performers at times. It just kind of reminded me that if you are who you are and you're happy in that, it comes out and can touch people beyond just yourself. It's something I need to remember more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment