Friday, June 1, 2012

Art on a Friday

Today was rather fun although had a little a guilt mixed in as well. Oh, before I forget, I joined a gym. I can't remember if I've said that before, but if I did this is just a repeat. I went and  cycled for a bit, and afterwards my knees felt like jelly. Then I got up and my legs felt like jelly, and if you've never had the sensation that you were walking on legs made of jelly...well it's just an interesting and somewhat distressing feeling. Of course, I was happy that it meant I had done a good workout, but I walked like I was unsure of where my feet were. Oh well, at least that is something I've done.

Back to today though. As per usual, I hung out with my boyfriend who was not feeling too well. This made me sad inside, but as much as I wanted to, I couldn't stay with him all day because I had made plans for lunch with my friend. However, bf was such a sweet person and drove me to meet my friend, and I promised to bring him something back after I was done. Anyway, I hadn't seen my friend for oh...probably 7 months or so. Rose and I have known one another since middle school, and she's leaving in the fall so it's kind of strange. Talking with her though was as though no time at all had passed. She's one of those people that I can just pick up with no matter what. We kind of covered all subject areas, and there was no judging or criticism about anything. Sure there are things we don't necessarily see eye to eye on, but we've always been able to share without really getting angered or arguing. It's nice to be able to say what you feel without worry of that. Let's face it, not everybody can be like that with everybody else. After that, I got bf something to eat, and Rose drove me back home. Hopefully we shall be hanging out again...maybe for margaritas or a game night.

Anywho, later after games and such, bf and I went to meet my friend Becca. In our downtown today there was this sort of art thing. People were selling jewelry, handmade...everything pretty much, and there was singing all over the place. Of course, the first thing we run into is this little stand with jewelry, and I immediately find a necklace that I really want. Honestly, I'm one of those people who hardly ever gets things for myself, it's usually for other people. As previously stated in my Red Dress post, I often deny myself things because they don't seem practical or something I really need. Anyway, I can't stop looking at this necklace, It had shiny blues and green around a pearly shell. I just couldn't look away, and bf said that I should go ahead and get it if I really liked it, so I did. Now I kind of feel guilty because I used my credit card, and even though I'm paying my mom back...I feel guilty that I even spent my own money on it even though I love the necklace and wore it the rest of the day. I really need to learn that it's ok to spend money on myself from time to time.

After that, we ended up walking around and seeing all the different thing. Some of the thing were so amazing like the wood carvers, quilters, and such. I've kind of always wanted to learn how to do something like quilting or crocheting, but there never really seems to be a good time for that. That and I'm not really sure how to go about learning. That's something I'd rather learn from a person and not from a book. I have a feeling it's something I would need an actual hands on instructor for. However, I digress. Eventually, we walk into this antique shop. I actually happen to know one of the people that own it, and it was really nice to see her. I wasn't even sure she'd remember me since it's been about....5 or 6 years since I saw her. I've changed a lot in appearance since then. She did remember though, and we had a nice chat. Of course, looking around inside the store was amazing.

I kind of have a weak spot for certain antiques. If anything reminds me of something we have at my grandmother's or that my mom has...I kind of want it or want to get it for them. My other weaknesses are jewelry and kitchen things. (They did have this old fashioned dress too, but with no size on it we didn't want to take the risk of one of us loving it.)  It was so much fun looking at things; I had forgotten  how much fun just window shopping can be since I haven't been in a while. Becca actually ended up getting this beautiful cake plate that looked like one she'd broken when she was younger. He rmom absolutely loved it. It was just a fun day.

I felt really relaxed through the whole day which was just wonderful. It might not seem all that exciting, but trust me...after so much stress with school and deadlines among other things, it's nice to just take a breather and enjoy things going on in your own town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment