Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Few Things

I am officially a college graduate. It still hasn't fully hit me yet. Every once in a while I have to remind myself that it is in fact real. I have walked the stage. All those late nights, long hours of homework, waking up early and stressing over things has all been worth it. With that degree also comes the knowledge that I have amazing memories to go along with it. Now that I am beginning a new chapter, I have decided there are things that I want to do that I have been denying myself because I kept making excuses for not doing it. As I said in my previous post on the red dress, I shall be listing and discussing them. Note that there are more than I'll be listing, but these are some of the main ones.

1. Write a book
There are so many different stories and plots that I have written down or started, but I kept putting off work on it because I didn't have time or because I thought they were rubbish. Writing has always been something I've enjoyed, and I honestly think I may have a few good ideas. This time, I am going to finish at least one of my books and try to get it published.

2. Learn to tango
I have always wanted to learn how to tango; it is such a beautiful dance. It just never seemed like a practical thing to do. I would like to take classes or learn from somebody that already knows how. I love to dance, and I think this would be a lot of fun.

3. Buy the book of love poems by Pablo Neruda
Again, it didn't seem practical. The one I have my eye on seems so expensive, but reading those poems I feel happy. He is such a master with words, and some of his poems make me want to cry (in a good way). If something makes me smile on the inside, why shouldn't I go ahead and get it?

4. Don't be afraid to take some chances
I've always been on the more sensible side and never really done things spur of the moment just for the experience. I'd like to take more chances on things that I want to do and not let my head completely rule me.

5. Make a cheesecake
This has more to do with the fact that I think I look horrible and I don't want to give myself something else to eat, but I've always wanted to make one. It's one of my favorite desserts, but I told myself no because I didn't need it. Well, I want to make one. They are delicious and I love to bake!!!

6. Lose weight
I know that I'm not fat, but I feel it. I'm planning on getting a gym membership and put in the work. I want to get my weight down to where I was my junior year of college. I'd like to have my weight to that come this December. Honestly, I'd like it before then, but I think it's a fairly good goal. I don't want to make myself go overboard.

7. Learn Italian
Again, this was not practical to me. I love Italian, but I could never figure out when I would actually use it. I think it would be fun. It makes me happy when I learn new languages, and I don't want to stop myself from being happy because I think something isn't practical.

Well, these are just a few of the things I want to do, but I will probably come up with more later. As I continue on, I will share with you any successes and failures I have concerning these things. I'm hoping to check off some of these within three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment